Apartment fire at senior center in Henderson displaces residents - KLTV.com-Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville, Texas | ETX News

Apartment fire at senior center in Henderson displaces residents

Posted: Updated:
HENDERSON, TX (KLTV) -

Residents at a Henderson senior center are relieved no one was hurt last night after a fire damaged several of the building's apartments.

Staff members at the Chalice apartments, in the 300 block of north Marshall street, evacuated 31 residents. The apartment manager says flames started in a third floor unit and triggered the building's sprinkler system.

Firefighters say that sprinkler system actually put out the fire before they got there. One apartment is badly burned.

Several others have water damage, but the manager says the important thing is everyone is safe.

Some of the residents are staying with family members while others have been put up in hotels while the apartments are being cleaned up.

Copyright 2014 KLTV. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow

West Ferguson Street
Tyler, TX 75702

FCC Public File
publicfile@kltv.com
903-597-5588
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KLTV. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.