EAST TEXAS (KLTV) - Two East Texas restaurants got serious violations in the latest round of health department inspections.
In Longview, Sonic at 2106 on Gilmer Road had 6 critical violations from a June 16 inspection.
- Hygienic violations were observed among employees.
- An employee was seen handling hamburger bare handed.
- A toxic item was stored near condiments.
Total demerits: 21
In Tyler, Shogun of Japan at 3521 South Broadway also received numerous demerits.
- Tubs of rice were held out of temperature.
- Employee was seen handling sushi bare handed.
- Cutting boards and other items were dirty.
- Slime build up in the ice machine.
Total demerits: 15
For all the latest restaurant reports, you can click here.