Fire marshalls responded to a residential fire in Longview Monday morning.
LONGVIEW, TX (KLTV) -
The Longview Fire Department responded to a residential structure fire Monday morning.
According to fire marshals, around 4:11 a.m., fire crews responded to a residential structure fire at 405 West Birdsong. On arrival, crews noticed fire coming from the side window of the building, along with fire in the attic.
Officials say that the fire started in the kitchen, where a heavily loaded power strip was supplying several devices and appliances. The fire caused heavy damage to the kitchen, with smoke damage throughout the house. The owners of the home were out of town at the time of the fire.
The home was insured, but unfortunately, the fire damage will displace the residents.