LAKE CHARLES, LA (KPLC) -
The following is a list of road closures for Southwest Louisiana.
The information is provided by the state Department of Transportation and Development and the dates and times are subject to change.
• CALCASIEU PARISH: The LaFleur Beach/Prien Lake exit on Interstate 210 will be closed until January 2015. The closure is necessary so that crews can build a new exit ramp for the Cove Lane Interchange project. Eastbound traffic will be directed to the Nelson Road exit. Traffic on West Prien Lake Road will be routed to the Kiwanis Lane roundabout.
• LAFAYETTE PARISH: Albertson Parkway between Groveland Drive and Hillbrooke Drive will be closed beginning July 28 for about 90 days to allow for improvements to the drainage system in the Holiday Gardens area.
• VERNON PARISH: La. 8 near its intersection with La. 465 will be closed July 29-August 5 to allow a large pipe in the Temple area to be replaced. Motorists should detour via La. 28, MacArthur Drive and I-49.
• CALCASIEU PARISH:Two right lanes of Interstate 10 Westbound from Exit 33 (La. 14/US 171 N) to Exit 31B (Shattuck St.) will be closed July 30 from 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. for maintenance. The following ramps will also be closed at that time: the US 171 S to Interstate 10 Westbound entrance ramp, the Interstate 10 Opelousas St. exit ramp and the Interstate 10 at the Opelousas St. entrance ramp.
• CALCASIEU PARISH: The center and right lanes of Interstate 10 Westbound will be closed between mileposts 23 and 24 near City Services Hwy in Sulphur from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. on July 30-August 1. Exit 23 (La. 108) will only be closed on July 30 from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. The closures are necessary to perform roadway patching. • CALCASIEU PARISH:Both Calcasieu Parish Solid Waste Convenience Centers will be closed July 31 for employee training. The locations will re-open August 1 and resume normal schedules. The two locations are at 5500 Swift Plant Road in Lake Charles and at 2915 Post Oak Road in Sulphur. For more information, visit www.cppj.net. Copyright 2014 KPLC. All rights reserved.
Saturday, July 26 2014 2:09 PM EDT2014-07-26 18:09:07 GMT
A mysterious 'Woman in Black' has been spotted around the Tri-State in recent days, causing social media to erupt with questions about her identity. According to WATE in Tennessee, the Sullivan CountyMore >>
A mysterious 'Woman in Black' has been spotted around the Tri-State in recent days, causing social media to erupt with questions about her identity.More >>