A firefighter climbs a ladder to access the attic (Source: Viewer photo)
UPSHUR COUNTY, TX (KLTV) -
An Upshur County home was damaged in a fire Thursday morning.
The fire started around 7:30 a.m. at a house on the corner of Lemon Road and Aspen Trail near Gilmer. First responders say the family lit a fire in the fireplace but the chimney was stopped up, causing the home's attic to catch fire.
Firefighters managed to save the home and most of the damage was to the attic.
Several residents were at home when the fire started but escaped uninjured.
Gilmer, Big Sandy, Pritchett, and Pleasant Grove Volunteer Fire Departments responded to the blaze.
Sunday, August 31 2014 3:28 PM EDT2014-08-31 19:28:29 GMT
Disturbing pictures of an injured kindergartner from Pascagoula have made a mother's call for action go viral online.More >>
Disturbing pictures of an injured kindergartner from Pascagoula have made a mother's call for action go viral online. Friends and family of a Pascagoula kindergarten student have created a Facebook page and GoFundMe.com account claiming the girl was attacked on the playground this week by another student.More >>