Wouldn't you love a dinner that is full of great nutrition for you and those you're cooking for, and easier than driving to pick up fast food?
Then this is the recipe for you.
Mama Steph's one-pan chicken and tomatoes supper
2 - 16 oz packages of grape or cherry tomatoes
4-6 chicken thighs (boneless and skinless cooks up quickest)
1 small can of sliced black olives
2 TBS olive oil
1-2 TBS Fresh basil leaves (or sub 1 tsp dried basil)
salt and pepper
a sprinkling of dried red pepper flakes (optional)
8 oz. goat cheese (chevre') crumbles
1. Heat olive oil in a deep-sided 10" or larger skillet over medium high heat (if using cast iron, medium heat), and preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. When oil is hot, place chicken breasts in skillet. Salt and pepper the side that is facing up. Turn chicken when brown, on one side, then brown the other side for 2 minutes.
3. Add the tomatoes, olives, and basil.
4. Place skillet, uncovered, in oven and bake for 25 minutes.
5. Remove from oven, and check for doneness using thermometer or cutting into one thigh to make sure no pink remains. (if using bone-in thighs, may need to increase cooking time to a total of 35 minutes.)
6. Serve over rice, egg noodles, grits, pasta...whatever your heart desires!
Note: No need to add liquid to this recipe, as the juicy tomatoes and olives create a delicious "sauce" on their own. If the pan looks dry, chances are good you are baking it for too long.
Copyright 2014 KLTV. All rights reserved.