Oil used to treat furniture sparks fire at Tyler business
From the Tyler Fire Department:
The Tyler Fire Department was dispatched to a reported structure fire at approximately 6:45 Tuesday morning at Sam’s Furniture Outlet located at 2318 Old Henderson. Three Engines and one Ladder Company, along with a District Chief and an Investigator responded to the scene.
Firefighters arriving on scene extinguished the fire quickly resulting in minimal damage to the structure. Investigators from the Fire Marshal’s Office determined the fire started in a plastic trash can where rags soaked in linseed oil used to treat furniture were discarded. The damage was limited to a nearby refrigerator and cabinet. No injuries were reported.
Monday, September 1 2014 2:00 AM EDT2014-09-01 06:00:48 GMT
Severe thunderstorms across the Northeast have slowed operations at airports, wreaked havoc at outdoor sporting and musical events and sent people scurrying from a beach in New York after three men there were...More >>
Severe thunderstorms across the Northeast on Sunday slowed operations at airports, wreaked havoc at outdoor sporting and musical events in New York and Philadelphia and sent people scurrying from a beach after three men...More >>