Chef Michael Brady shares a simple, delicious recipe for an easy meal you can make anytime.
Sauteed "Your favorite fish"
For the sautéed fish:
-1/4-6 oz. filet of your favorite fish
-Kosher salt, taste
-black pepper, fresh cracked
-grape seed oil, enough to spread on the bottom of your pan (does not need to swim in the pan)
1. heat pan on high for 2 min, add oil and then place seasoned filets (seasoned on both sides) in pan.
2. sauté, depending on the thickness for 3-6 minutes per side (a thin filet of Dover Sole may take 2-3 min per side and a think filet of grouper may take a solid 6 minutes and need to go in the oven for a couple of minutes)
3. You are going for consistent – golden brown on each side of the filets this is great for: appearance, texture and most importantly flavor .When you sear a protein or anything, you are using heat to pull sugars to the surface and you are cooking the waters out and caramelizing the sugars on the surface…. That's literally what the golden brown "sear" is when you grill, sauté etc. anything from a zucchini to a rib eye.
Roasted New Potatoes with your favorite veggies
Prep time: 10 minutes
Preheat oven: 450 degrees
Cook time: 40 minutes
1 1/2 lb of new potatoes cleaned, cut in half or quarters
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 good pinch, fresh thyme, chopped
1 good pinch, salt, to taste
pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Place potatoes in a mixing bowl. Sprinkle on salt and pepper. Add olive oil, thyme, and garlic. Toss until potatoes are well coated.
2. Spread potatoes out on a single layer of a baking pan. Roast for 40 minutes, or until potatoes are cooked through and browned. Just before serving toss your favorite veggies (grilled zucchini or squash, asparagus, spinach, arugula, goat cheese, fresh cherry tomatoes and Serve immediately.
1 spoon of capers (rinsed)
4 spoons of olive oil
2 Honey Crisp Apples, diced
2 spoons of your favorite vinegar
1 ball of FRESH pulled mozzarella, diced in small cubes
8 basil leaves, chopped
1 zest and juice, lime
Kosher salt, to taste
Pepper, fresh cracked, to taste
Mix all ingredients 2 hours before dinner and store in fridge and spoon over fish just before eating
Saturday, July 26 2014 2:09 PM EDT2014-07-26 18:09:07 GMT
A mysterious 'Woman in Black' has been spotted around the Tri-State in recent days, causing social media to erupt with questions about her identity. According to WATE in Tennessee, the Sullivan CountyMore >>
A mysterious 'Woman in Black' has been spotted around the Tri-State in recent days, causing social media to erupt with questions about her identity.More >>