Couch cushions catch fire at duplex in north Tyler - KLTV.com-Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville, Texas | ETX News

Couch cushions catch fire at duplex in north Tyler

Posted: Updated:
It took crews about nine minutes to get the fire under control. It took crews about nine minutes to get the fire under control.
TYLER, TX (KLTV) - The Tyler Fire Department responded to a structure fire at 521 E. Rosedale Street just before noon on Friday.

Three engines and one ladder company, along with a district chief and fire investigator responded to the fire, which was brought under control at 12:06 p.m., nine minutes after crews arrived on scene.

Authorities say cushions on the couch caught fire. The tenant, who is deaf, says she doesn't smoke and fire officials say a candle may have sparked the blaze.

No structural damage was caused to the residence, which is a duplex.

Copyright 2014 KLTV. All rights reserved.
Powered by WorldNow

105 West Ferguson Street
Tyler, TX 75702

FCC Public File
publicfile@kltv.com
903-597-5588
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KLTV. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.