Stove catches fire while resident sleeping at Tyler apartment - KLTV.com-Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville, Texas | ETX News

Stove catches fire while resident sleeping at Tyler apartment

Posted: Updated:
Police block of the area in front of a fire at the Eastwood Apartments in Tyler Police block of the area in front of a fire at the Eastwood Apartments in Tyler
Crews on scene Friday morning Crews on scene Friday morning
TYLER, TX (KLTV) - Fire units responded to a structure fire in southeast Tyler Friday morning.

The Tyler Fire Department was dispatched to a reported structure fire at the Eastwood Apartments located at 1030 Old Omen Road just before 10:30 a.m. Firefighters arriving on scene reported that smoke was visible and immediately called for a second alarm.

Fire officials say occupants of apartment 201 in building "C" awoke to a popping sound, saw the kitchen area on fire and evacuated. No injuries were reported.

Investigators believe the fire started in the kitchen from food left cooking on the stove. One apartment sustained heavy fire damage and another suffered light smoke damage. The displaced occupants are staying with family.

A Tyler district chief, an investigator and Tyler police also responded to the scene.

Copyright 2014 KLTV. All rights reserved.
Powered by WorldNow

West Ferguson Street
Tyler, TX 75702

FCC Public File
publicfile@kltv.com
903-597-5588
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KLTV. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.