E. Texas man dies from burns after flammable liquid ignites - KLTV.com-Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville, Texas | ETX News

E. Texas man dies from burns after flammable liquid ignites

Posted: Updated:
MARSHALL, TX (KLTV) - A Marshall man died in a Dallas hospital early Friday morning after fire officials say a flammable liquid he was using to light a wood stove set him on fire.

Marshall Fire Department Battalion Chief Jack Hanson says the 22-year-old, whose name has not been released, was trying to build a fire in a wood stove in a shop building in the 3800 block of South Washington Avenue in Marshall. He was using what is believed to be a liquid paint thinner to try to get the fire burning when the fire flashed into the five-gallon container, blowing out the bottom and engulfing him in flames.

The shop was on fire when crews arrived on the scene.

The victim was transported to Good Shepherd Medical Center in Marshall before he was driven to Parkland Hospital in Dallas where he died.

Copyright 2014 KLTV. All rights reserved.
Powered by WorldNow

West Ferguson Street
Tyler, TX 75702

FCC Public File
publicfile@kltv.com
903-597-5588
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KLTV. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.