Good afternoon, everyone! We hope you're enjoying this beautiful, sunny East Texas day.
Here are a few stories (seven, in fact) for you to check out this afternoon:
1. Around 12:45 a.m. today, fire crews were called to a reported structure fire at 15922 Childress Drive in the Lindale area. About 40 minutes after arriving on scene, Lindale firefighter Joe Yeakley became trapped as the home collapsed around him. Yeakley, a 14 year veteran with the Lindale Fire Department and nearly 30 years in the fire service was flown to Parkland Hospital in Dallas with burns to his face and hands. Several donation funds have been set up for this firefighter. Find out more here or contact Texas Bank nd Trust to donate.
2. President Barack Obama is ordering changes to spy programs that sweep up Americans' phone records and asked legal and intelligence officials to consider changes to programs that store email and Internet data from around the world. Here are some Q&A's about Obama's new NSA rules.
Rev. Graham at 95th birthday celebration
3. "My father is ready to go to Heaven and whenever that day comes - he's ready," Franklin Graham, son of revered minister Billy Graham said today. "He's worked hard all of his life and faithful to preaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ his entire life. And so he's ready to go home and I'm praying that The Lord will leave him a little longer." Latest update on Rev. Graham's health and ministry here.
4. A Harrison County school district was put on lockdown Thursday after inappropriate comments were made on social media regarding the district. District Superintendent Maynard Chapman wrote, "school administration became aware that an individual made inappropriate comments regarding the district on Facebook. Although Champan said there was no direct threat made against any campus, the district chose to play it safe in light of recent events at schools across the nation." More details about the lockdown here.
6. Electric bills all overdeep East Texas are skyrocketing and some folks say their bills not onlydoubled, but tripled this past billing period. "I didn't get anynotification until I opened up that bill and was like whoa! Wait a minute. What'sgoing on?" asked one East Texan. Find out here.
7. What will your weekend weather be like? (You just never know in Texas...) Make sure to join Chief Meteorologist Mark Scirto on East Texas News at 4, 5 and 6 to find out, or visit our weather page on KLTV.com, or Mark's Facebook page.
Monday, July 21 2014 11:41 AM EDT2014-07-21 15:41:34 GMT
When it comes to toys, dogs can be both territorial and selfish. After all, they are born with both instincts. But this video shows us that even the most selfish of dogs can turn over a new leaf ratherMore >>
When it comes to toys, dogs can be both territorial and selfish. After all, they are born with both instincts.More >>