Thursday blaze destroys Gladewater residence - - Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville |ETX News

Thursday blaze destroys Gladewater residence


A home was destroyed by fire Thursday afternoon in Upshur County.

Gladewater Fire Department told us they received a call about the fire at 1:41 Thursday afternoon. They said when they arrived, the fire had already spread throughout the mobile home. They also told us they were told on the scene that someone might be inside the home.

So far, they have not found anyone in the remains of the home, though they're continuing to sweep the area this afternoon. They suspect no one was  there, however, as there were no cars at home when the fire erupted.

The home was destroyed in the fire; there was also a small explosion from a propane bottle that was located outside the home during the fire. No injuries were reported.

Copyright 2014 KLTV. All rights reserved.



Powered by Frankly