Passer-by rescues dog locked in crate from burning home - KLTV.com-Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville, Texas | ETX News

Passer-by rescues dog locked in crate from burning home

Posted: Updated:
(Source: Phoenix Fire Department) (Source: Phoenix Fire Department)
(Source: Phoenix Fire Department) (Source: Phoenix Fire Department)
(Source: Phoenix Fire Department) (Source: Phoenix Fire Department)
(Source: Phoenix Fire Department) (Source: Phoenix Fire Department)
(Source: Phoenix Fire Department) (Source: Phoenix Fire Department)
PHOENIX (CBS5) -

Three people and a their pet dog were displaced after fire consumed their duplex in Phoenix Monday morning.

Nolan Woolfolk was driving by the home near 19th Avenue and Mount View Road when he saw the fire and stopped to help, firefighters said.

Woolfolk began to knock on doors and when no one answered in an adjacent apartment, he feared someone may be asleep inside, fire authorities said. 

Woolfolk and another neighbor broke the front window, opened the door and began searching the smoke-filled apartment.

Firefighters said the occupants were not at home but they did discover a dog locked in his crate. Woolfolk carried the dog to safety and notified the firefighters on scene.

Fire department personnel cared for the dog until the owner arrived an hour later.

The Phoenix Fire Department's crisis response team helped the occupants, who were not injured. 

The fire appeared to have started on the outside near a wood fence, firefighters said.

Copyright 2014 CBS 5 (KPHO Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow

West Ferguson Street
Tyler, TX 75702

FCC Public File
publicfile@kltv.com
903-597-5588
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KLTV. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.