Several pets killed in Troup housefire while owners were out - KLTV.com-Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville, Texas | ETX News

Several pets killed in Troup housefire while owners were out

Posted: Updated:
LONGVIEW, TX (KLTV) -

The Troup Fire Department responded to a house fire Friday at approximately 5:00 p.m. The home is located in the 500 block of Ponsard Street.

According to Troup Fire Captain Bobby Lamotte, no one was home at the time of the blaze, but was called in by someone who had passed by the home.

Lamotte said several pets were inside the home during the fire. According to Lamotte, many animals were rescued, but four died.

Through an investigation, Lamotte said the fire possibly started from an electrical malfunction under the dishwasher. Lamotte said the fire was contained in the laundry room and kitchen areas of the home.

The house is not a complete loss, but Lamotte said there is smoke and heat damage. 

There were no injuries in the fire.

Copyright 2013 KLTV. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow

West Ferguson Street
Tyler, TX 75702

FCC Public File
publicfile@kltv.com
903-597-5588
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KLTV. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.