The Troup Fire Department responded to a house fire Friday at approximately 5:00 p.m. The home is located in the 500 block of Ponsard
According to Troup Fire Captain Bobby Lamotte, no one was
home at the time of the blaze, but was called in by someone who had passed by the home.
Lamotte said several pets were inside the home during the
fire. According to Lamotte, many animals were rescued, but four died.
Through an investigation, Lamotte said the fire possibly
started from an electrical malfunction under the dishwasher. Lamotte said the
fire was contained in the laundry room and kitchen areas of the home.
The house is not a complete loss, but Lamotte said there is
smoke and heat damage.
Monday, September 1 2014 2:00 AM EDT2014-09-01 06:00:48 GMT
Severe thunderstorms across the Northeast have slowed operations at airports, wreaked havoc at outdoor sporting and musical events and sent people scurrying from a beach in New York after three men there were...More >>
Severe thunderstorms across the Northeast on Sunday slowed operations at airports, wreaked havoc at outdoor sporting and musical events in New York and Philadelphia and sent people scurrying from a beach after three men...More >>