WHO IS A STRANGER? Anyone your child doesn't know really well.
Remember, a stranger can be a man or a woman, well-dressed or grubby, kind or threatening, pretty or ugly. Even friendly strangers can be dangerous.
Here are Some Basic Rules to Follow
- Never accept rides, candy, gifts, money, or medicine from a stranger.
- Never get close to a car if a strangers calls out to you for directions or anything else. Remember, it is easy for a stranger to pull you into a car.
- Never give your name or address to a stranger. Remember, even if a stranger knows your name, he/she is still a stranger and could be dangerous.
- Always check who is at the door before opening it and never open the door to anyone you don’t know, even a delivery person.
- Never tell callers that you’re home alone. Say Mom or Dad can’t come to the phone and take a message.
- Never volunteer family vacation plans or other information about your home.
- Always avoid strangers who are hanging around restrooms or the playground and want to play with you or your friends.
- Never go with a stranger who doesn't know your family's "Code Word".
PLAY IT SAFE