TYLER, TX - Tyler firefighters contained an overnight residential structure
fire at 2905 Gardner St. The initial call was received at 4:04 a.m.
Six units responded to the single alarm fire.
The first arriving unit noted smoke present in the
structure. Firefighters located the fire in the kitchen area and
prevented any further progression. The kitchen area suffered heavy fire,
smoke and water damage. Moderate smoke damage was noted throughout the
rest of the structure.
Fire investigators have determined that the fire originated on the
stove as a result of food being left unattended. One firefighter suffered
a minor knee injury while battling the blaze.
Monday, September 1 2014 2:00 AM EDT2014-09-01 06:00:48 GMT
Severe thunderstorms across the Northeast have slowed operations at airports, wreaked havoc at outdoor sporting and musical events and sent people scurrying from a beach in New York after three men there were...More >>
Severe thunderstorms across the Northeast on Sunday slowed operations at airports, wreaked havoc at outdoor sporting and musical events in New York and Philadelphia and sent people scurrying from a beach after three men...More >>