An armed suspect enters Food Fast in Tyler Sunday night.
Good afternoon, everyone; we hope your weekend was excellent and that you found some great things to do in lovely East Texas.
Here are some stories for you to check out this afternoon:
1. The Tyler Police Department has released surveillance video from an
armed robbery that occurred at a Food Fast late Sunday night. A
store employee told police that a white male entered the store around
9:30 p.m., cashed in a lottery ticket and left. He returned
only minutes later, picked up a soda and walked up to the counter to pay
for it. The store employee said once the cash register was open, the
suspect pulled out a silver handgun. Read more here.
2. Gladewater police are searching for two men they say robbed an employee of a restaurant Sunday night. The suspects were dressed in black and wearing ski masks when they
entered the restaurant in the 600 block of East Broadway Avenue about 9
p.m., according to Gladewater Police Chief Robert Vine. Read more here.
3. East Texas is displaying some lovely fall color right now...have you been able to get outdoors to take a look for yourself? If not, a KLTV viewer from Wood County has some pictures you can check out on our website that you'll enjoy.
Send your own photos from your community to us at WhereYouLive@kltv.com. We'd love to see them!
Cheerleaders punished for offensive sign
4. An Alabama high school issued an apology on Monday after a ‘bust thru' sign offended several people.The sign in question was directed at their opponents in the second
round of the state play-offs, Pinson Valley High School, whose mascot is
the Indians. The superintendent now says the cheerleading squad who made it will be disciplined. Read more here.
6. Several local groups like the PATH, Salvation Army in Tyler, along with TJC, working together on a project to raise awareness about hunger and homelessness in East Texas. Many of us are just one illness, one accident, one job loss away from homelessness. Those who are homeless today never thought it would happen to them, they say. Find out what it's like by being part of this event; see details here.