Two narrowly escape early morning fire at Longview duplex - KLTV.com-Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville, Texas | ETX News

Two narrowly escape early morning fire at Longview duplex

Posted: Updated:
LONGVIEW, TX (KLTV) -

Around 1:15 on Monday morning, fire crews responded to a residential fire at 1213 Hughey Drive in Longview. Upon arrival, fire crews found heavy fire and smoke coming from the rear of the structure.

The residents say the smoke alarm saved their lives. The bedroom door was closed and slowed the smoke from entering the bedroom but the residents were unable to escape down the hall due to the smoky conditions. They then broke out the window of the bedroom where they were able to escape. The occupant was able to get two family dogs out the front door after unlocking it from the outside.

There were no injuries to either the occupants or the pets.

The fire cause was narrowed down to the wall outlet plug. There was a space heater plugged into this outlet where the fire originated. The fire caused approximately $35,000 in damage.

Three people lived in the 1213 Hughey Drive portion of the duplex with two family pets; the 1211 Hughey Side of the residence had two occupants and three family pets. All the occupants are being taken care of by family.

Copyright 2013 KLTV. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow

West Ferguson Street
Tyler, TX 75702

FCC Public File
publicfile@kltv.com
903-597-5588
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KLTV. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.