Good afternoon, and a blessed Veterans Day to your and your family. Sincere thanks to all who have served!
Here are some stories of interest for you to peruse this afternoon:
1. We have compiled a list of free meals and other deals for Veterans Day on our site; we hope you find it useful! Click here to see it.
2. What happened today in Texas history? Today's list includes a look back at the end of WWI and how many Texans gave their lives for their country in that war. We also have the story of a settlement that was wiped out by Comanche Indians, and a little music for you from George Strait.
4. Typhoon-ravaged residents are pleading for aid in the wake of the typhoon that has devastated the Philippine Islands. The typhoon hit the islands on Thursday in the Philippines, and many East Texans are concerned for loved ones who live there. Our Melanie Torre spoke with a UT Tyler student who has been in touch with family there and shares their story; join us on East Texas News at 5 for that story.
6. Chief Meteorologist Mark Scirto says that freeze warnings are posted for most of East Texas at this time. A few counties in deep East Texas are under a freeze watch. These watches and/or warnings will not be in effect for tonight, they are in effect for Tuesday night; they are a "heads-up" so we're all ready for the cold. Here's the rest of Mark's cold weather forecast.
7. In light of the weather that's on the way, make sure you've downloaded our free KLTV weather app. Keep your cell phone charged at all times, and should you lose power at any time, you'll have the app on your phone to keep up with the latest from Mark, Grant, and Brett. Click here to learn how easy it is to download the app.
Tuesday, August 26 2014 5:57 AM EDT2014-08-26 09:57:06 GMT
(WMC) - If you see a person driving erratically, what do you do? Do you do anything? Do you follow them? Or call 911? Tonight at 10, Janice Broach will show you video of a driver slamming into thingsMore >>
If you see a person driving erratically, what do you do?More >>