Happy Friday, everyone! We hope you are looking forward to a great weekend!
Here are some stories for you to check out as you work your way toward "quittin' time:"
1. Miriam Carey, the young mother who led police on a chase through Washington, DC, that ended in her death, thought President Barack Obama was communicating with her, according to a federal official. Her family spoke with authorities, leading them to feel she was suffering from delusions. More details here.
2. A man wearing a Halloween skull mask tried robbing a Tyler pharmacy at gunpoint Thursday night, but instead was scared away by the clerk. The suspect walked into the CVS Pharmacy on the 1700 block of South Broadway late Thursday, according to Tyler police. Our Melanie Torre will tell you more on East Texas News at 4 and 6.
3. If you're daydreaming about what you'll do this weekend for fun, here's the list of events you need! Lots going on this weekend! Live music, First Monday, plays, movies, and much more!
4. A young East Texas father was hit by a drunk driver last month in San Antonio. He is still in ICU in a hospital there, but his friends in East Texas are pitching in to help with finances by having a city-wide rummage sale, raffle and hamburger lunch Saturday at the Ore City Community Center. Please click here for more details.
6. A former East Texas constable accused of murdering his ex-girlfriend and assaulting her male companion pleaded guilty Thursday and has been sentenced to 75 years in prison. Former Hunt County Constable Anthony Dewayne Lewis, 48, plead guilty Thursday was sentenced to 60 years in prison for the February 2013 shooting death of 33-year-old Jessica Aguilar. Details here.
Saturday, July 26 2014 2:09 PM EDT2014-07-26 18:09:07 GMT
A mysterious 'Woman in Black' has been spotted around the Tri-State in recent days, causing social media to erupt with questions about her identity. According to WATE in Tennessee, the Sullivan CountyMore >>
A mysterious 'Woman in Black' has been spotted around the Tri-State in recent days, causing social media to erupt with questions about her identity.More >>
A Terrebonne Parish man's homemade trap led to the arrest of his neighbor, police say. The incident happened on Bull Run Road in Schriever. The resident said that his shed had been burglarized while heMore >>
A Terrebonne Parish man's homemade trap led to the arrest of his neighbor, police say.More >>