Good afternoon, everyone! We hope your day is going well.
Here are a few stories that we think you'll find interesting on this busy Thursday:
1. She's in: Texas State Senator Wendy Davis was expected to announce her run for governor on October 3, but her advisors have already begun informing influential Democrats that she will enter the race.What do you think?
2. Sirens echoed throughout one East Texas town Wednesday evening but it was no police chase. Daingerfield Police K9 Officer Amanda Solis is now back at her home in Omaha after receiving treatment for leukemia at Baylor University Medical Center in Dallas. Cars from five different local police forces turned out to provide Solis with an escort through town and to her house. More on this touching story here.
5. Rains County inmate Crystal Marie Robinson slipped out of a jury box at the Rains County Courthouse on Tuesday when the officer guarding her stepped away for a moment. Now, sheriff's officials say Robinson showed up at a residence in Quinlan and stole a dark blue 2002 Ford F-150 King Ranch Edition crew cab truck. The truck has a temporary paper license number 11D3436. She has altered her appearance by shaving her head. Read more here. If you think you know where Robinson is, call (903) 473-3181 ext. 137.
6. East Texas families with autistic children tell us a financial burden that comes with their child's tenth birthday has now been lifted, thanks to a new state law. Under the old law, once an autistic child turned 10, insurance stopped coverage for special services to help them adapt and cope in life. Our Shaley Sanders sat down with a doctor and a parent today to tell us how this new legislation is going to make a big difference. Watch for that story tonight at 5.
7. There is a lot of GOOD news on our free KLTV weather app! The upcoming ten days has a nice trend of cooler temperatures and some rain. Find out how to download our apps here for your iPhone or android, and make sure to join Chief Meteorologist Mark Scirto tonight at 4,5 and 6 for your best local weather!
They were born just two weeks apart. A 10-week-old baby and 8-week-old pit bull have a fascinating relationship. They absolutely adore each other! Louisiana native Brandi Hodges, 25, has posted photosMore >>
A 10-week-old baby and 8-week-old Pitbull have a fascinating relationship. They absolutely adore each other!More >>