Clarence L. Baker rescued in bathroom during fire - KLTV.com-Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville, Texas | ETX News

Man rescued from bathroom during apartment fire

Posted: Updated:
AURORA, IN (FOX19) -

Fire officials report that Aurora firefighters were able to rescue a man stuck in a bathroom apartment during a Saturday morning fire.

Crews responded to a fire at River Park Apartments located at 439 Park Avenue in Aurora, IN around 11:57 a.m.

Aurora Police Department officers were first to arrive at the scene and reported heavy smoke coming from Apartment 25. Neighbors told officials that the tenant was possibly still inside the apartment and Aurora and Lawrenceburg firefighters entered the building upon arrival.

Heavy smoke conditions met firefighters at the entrance of the apartment; however, responders were able to safely locate the tenant, Clarence L. Baker, in the bathroom and carried him safely outside.

The fire was located on the stove and firefighters were able to extinguish it within minutes of entering the apartment.

Baker was transported to the University of Cincinnati hospital by Air Care. His medical condition is currently unknown.

Damages of Baker's apartment are estimated to be $10,000 in repair costs.

Copyright 2013 WXIX. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow

105 West Ferguson Street
Tyler, TX 75702

FCC Public File
publicfile@kltv.com
903-597-5588
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KLTV. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.