Here are some stories to finish off the work week:
1. Tyler police say they are continuing to investigate more reports of vehicles vandalized in the early morning hours Friday. One witness observed a white Toyota Camry that was sitting next to a victim's vehicle when the windows were smashed. If you know any other related information related to this suspect vehicle or any other information, please contact Tyler police. (903) 531-1072. Our Laura Sadler spoke with Officer Don Martin this afternoon and will bring you more details on East Texas News at 6.
3. Who's getting rain out there? Make sure to send pics to us via firstname.lastname@example.org! We'll happily take your photos from the sidelines of tonight's football games, too, to use on our website. Send 'em on!
4. Members of the Texas Nationalist Movement say if they get enough petition signatures, Texans will be able to decide whether our state should secede from the union. The group will be collecting signatures in Tyler on Saturday. Details here.
5. The annual Children's Clothing Consignment Sale is set to take place on September 12-14, and you won't want to miss it if you need furniture, home accessories, and, obviously, gently-used clothing for your kids! Details here.
6. Rose City bragging rights on the line tonight in Tyler as RE Lee faces off with John Tyler! Entering the 2013 season, the John Tyler Lions had become the dominant program in Tyler. Since 2010, the Lions had won a combined a 36 games. Tyler Lee had won just four times, under three different head coaches. But after their first 2 and 0 start in 8 years, it appears Tyler Lee football is back. Check out what some of the players told our Ryan Peterson, and make sure to watch KLTV News at 10, Red Zone at 10:35pm, and Red Zone Overtime on KLTV.com after that! We have got East Texas football covered for you!
Sunday, August 31 2014 3:28 PM EDT2014-08-31 19:28:29 GMT
Disturbing pictures of an injured kindergartner from Pascagoula have made a mother's call for action go viral online.More >>
Disturbing pictures of an injured kindergartner from Pascagoula have made a mother's call for action go viral online. Friends and family of a Pascagoula kindergarten student have created a Facebook page and GoFundMe.com account claiming the girl was attacked on the playground this week by another student.More >>