Good afternoon, and congratulations to everyone who is receiving rain this afternoon. Enjoy!
Here are some stories of interest for you this afternoon:
1. Life in lower Manhattan resembled any ordinary day today as workers rushed to their jobs in the muggy heat, but time stood still at the World Trade Center site while families wept for loved ones who perished in the terror attacks 12 years ago. At this link, you can read how our nation paused today to pay tribute to victims of the terror attacks on that tragic day, along with links to more related content.
2. Your week in music: Kacey Musgraves and Taylor Swift lead CMA nominations, Coldplay releases first song in two years for Hunger Games soundtrack, and Mandisa's encouraging new single, Overcomer, reminds us to 'stay in the fight 'til the final round.' Read the news and see videos here.
4. Police in Louisiana are searching for the culprit who vandalized a September 11 memorial in downtown Lafayette, on the 12th anniversary of the attacks. Someone placed two cardboard cutout images of crashing planes at the site. Authorities have since removed them. Story and video here.
6. Exclusive dashcam video on ETX News at 6 tonight of a high speed police chase that began in Chandler at ended in Tyler when the driver crashed into the fence at St. Gregory School and was subsequently captured. Make sure you don't miss this video; it's pretty dramatic!
7. Make sure you bring the kids in your family to Day for Kids in Bergfeld Park in Tyler Saturday! Meet in the park's amphitheater at 10am, and then spend the next few hours enjoying free games, bounce houses, KLTV weather booth, The Fly Kids, and much more. Refreshments vendors will be available for those who would like to purchase treats, too. We'll be there, and hope you will be, too!