Window unit sparks fire in Winona home - KLTV.com-Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville, Texas | ETX News

Window unit sparks fire in Winona home

Posted: Updated:
WINONA, TX (KLTV) -

Winona crews responded to a fire just after 12:30 P.M. Sunday afternoon on the 1000 block of Dallas St.

Fire Chief Nelson Brumley said the fire started from a window air conditioning unit and spread through half of the home.

Officials said they were on the scene in minutes and were able to knock down the fire very quickly.

A mother and her three children, a seven-month-old, two-year-old and three-year-old, were all home at the time, but were able to get out safely.

"I went to check on my babies because they were all napping," said resident Erica Crawford. "The air conditioning unit had caught on fire and it got to the curtain. By the time I saw it, it just went up in flames and I grabbed the kids and just got out and ran into my neighbors yard for help."

Some firefighters were treated for heat exhaustion on the scene. No injuries were reported.

Copyright 2013 KLTV. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow

105 West Ferguson Street
Tyler, TX 75702

FCC Public File
publicfile@kltv.com
903-597-5588
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KLTV. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.