We hope your day is going well; here are some of the stories we think you'll be interested in this afternoon:
1. As many of you know, KLTV was recently pulled from the DISH Network channel lineup in East Texas. Chances are, you or someone you know is unable to watch our newscast as they normally do. DISH is now denying their customers the news, weather and entertainment programs we provide.
This is programming customers have already paid for.
That's why we're continuing to ask DISH customers to call the following number: 1-888-631-1536.
3. A candlelight vigil will be held for the 20-year-old who was shot and killed Tuesday at a Tyler park. A pastor hopes to spread a message to "stop the violence" at the vigil Saturday that will take place at P.T. Cole Park at 8 p.m.
5. New York City advertising executive, 35-year-old Jennifer Rosoff, plummeted to her death, falling from the 17th floor balcony of her midtown-Manhattan apartment early Thursday morning. Neighbors couldn't imagine what was going on when they heard the sound. Story here.
6. Members of the Grammy-nominated David Crowder band, who hail from Waco, are now performing as The Digital Age. They will join local band The Avid Light onstage tonight at Dayspring UMC in Tyler. Details here.
7. A barn went up in flames this Thursday evening behind Louisiana Downs in Haughton. According to the horse owners, at least 20 race horses did not make it out of that barn alive. One horse was saved. The horse owners and workers who took care of the horses are heartbroken over the loss of the animals. Story with video here.