and the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) recalled 800,000 Newborn
Rock ‘n Play Sleepers on January 8, 2013, due to potential mold exposure to
infants. The CPSC has warned consumers to immediately inspect this product and
stop using it if mold is found. According to the CPSC mold can develop between
the removable seat cushion and the hard plastic frame of the sleeper,
especially if the sleeper remains wet/moist or is not cleaned frequently. The
CPSC says that while mold is not present at the time of purchase, mold growth
can occur after use of the product.
CPSC advises that mold has been associated with respiratory illnesses and other
infections. Fisher-Price has received 600 reports of mold on the product. At
least sixteen consumers have reported that their infants have been treated for
respiratory issues, coughs and hives after sleeping in the product.
you purchased a Fisher-Price Rock ‘n Play Newborn Sleeper after September 2009,
the Sleeper has developed mold and your child has experienced respiratory
problems, coughs, ear infections, eye infections, vomiting, or hives, those
issues may be directly related to mold from the Fisher-Price Rock ‘n Play