Longview fire crews respond to smoke at Citizens National Bank - KLTV.com-Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville, Texas | ETX News

Longview fire crews respond to smoke at Citizens National Bank

Posted: Updated:
LONGVIEW, TX (KLTV) -

Longview fire crews say an exhaust fan in an employee bathroom is to blame for a bank filling with smoke.

Chief Roger Groves with the Longview fire department says his crew was called to the Citizens National Bank on Gilmer Road Tuesday evening.

The exhaust fan overheated, and burned the motor inside. Groves tells KLTV 7 that a slight, hazy smoke filled parts of the building. A passerby alerted the fire department after seeing smoke coming out of one of the vents on the roof. No smoke or fire alarm ever sounded.

Groves said there were no flames present when fire crews arrived, so extinguishing agents were not used. Fire crews simply used fans to get the smoke out of the building.

We're told the plastic exhaust fan was melted, but the fire did not spread because the fan was surrounded by brick.

Copyright 2013 KLTV. All Rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow

West Ferguson Street
Tyler, TX 75702

FCC Public File
publicfile@kltv.com
903-597-5588
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KLTV. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.