Good afternoon! We hope your day is going well.
Here are several stories of interest for you to check out this afternoon:
1. The Harrison County Sheriff's Department is asking for help identifying suspects in multiple vehicle burglaries that occurred during the weekend of June 8-9 in Harrison County. The suspects stole numerous items, including credit and debit cards, from vehicles. Click here for more pictures and information.
2. The Southern Baptist Convention approved a resolution today expressing its opposition to and disappointment in the Boy Scouts of America's new policy allowing gay Scouts. The resolution expresses support for those churches and families who decide to do so. It also encourages churches and families who choose to remain with the Scouts to work toward reversing the new membership policy.
3. It's the music festival you don't have to camp in a tent or even leave your house to attend. MTV, in a rare showcasing of actual music, will stream the Live Music Day festival, 24 hours of continuous music, on June 19. More about that and the latest music news here.
4. Whether you like them chewy or crispy, peanut butter cookies are a favorite treat, and today is their day: National Peanut Butter Cookie Day! Here are a few recipes to get you started celebrating.
5. A 10-year-old girl whose efforts to qualify for an organ donation drew public debate over how organs are allocated was getting a double-lung transplant Wednesday after a match with an adult donor was made. Read the story here.
6. A hiker in Hawaii survived a 200-foot slide down a mountain trail. Read more on this survival and rescue here: http://bit.ly/172hIJq\
7. We are working to add some new dogs and puppies from the Humane Society of Northeast Texas that need homes; check out these cuties who need to be rescued!
Click here to see the photos: http://www.kltv.com/slideshow?widgetid=82218&clienttype=generic&mobilecgbypass
Here's the link to the livestream on KLTV.com for those of you on your computer today. Join us there on KLTV-7 for your best local news at 4, 5 and 6.
We'll see you soon!