RUSK, Texas – Residents of southern Cherokee County are encouraged to take time for their health and take advantage of free health screenings offered at ETMC Rusk from 8 a.m. until noon on Thursday, September 9.
Appointments are not necessary, and screenings will be offered on a first-come, first-served basis. ETMC Rusk is located at 1801 N. Dickinson.
Screenings planned include:
- Cholesterol and blood glucose – for more accurate results, participants are encouraged to fast before receiving these screenings. Medications should continue to be taken as prescribed, and water and black coffee are allowed.
- Carotid artery screenings
- Body fat analysis and grip strength tests
ETMC Rusk, a 24,000-square-foot facility, features a host of medical services designed to enhance health services, foster healthy lifestyles and provide an essential lifeline for area residents. The medical center features an emergency room, primary care physician clinics and advanced diagnostics, as well as physical rehabilitation and fitness services.
Specific services of the new ETMC Rusk include:
- 24-hour emergency center
- Expanded clinic services and medical staff
- Specialty clinic space for visiting physician specialists
- Opportunity for outside physicians to order diagnostic studies for Rusk patients
- State-of-the-art imaging services, including radiology, CT scanner, bone density scanner and mobile MRI and mammography
- Comprehensive rehabilitation services, including cardiac rehab programs
- Expanded Olympic Center with new equipment and aquatic therapy pool
ETMC is a not-for-profit organization committed to improving the quality of life in communities throughout East Texas.