Grease fire damages Clifton apartment on Vine Street - KLTV.com-Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville, Texas | ETX News

Grease fire damages Clifton apartment

Posted: Updated:
CLIFTON, OH (FOX19) -

A grease fire damaged an apartment in Clifton on Tuesday afternoon.

The one-alarm fire broke out in the 3500 block of Vine Street around 5:30 p.m.

Initial arriving fire units reported a working kitchen fire on the second floor.  All residents had evacuated prior to fire department arrival.  An aggressive interior attack extinguished the fire in less than 10 minutes.

The resident was heating up grease when the fire started.  She made an attempt to smother the fire, but was unsuccessful.

Due to the quick response and knock down of the fire, damage is estimated at $2000.

Copyright 2013 WXIX. All rights reserved.

  • Grease fire damages Clifton apartmentMore>>

Powered by WorldNow

105 West Ferguson Street
Tyler, TX 75702

FCC Public File
publicfile@kltv.com
903-597-5588
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KLTV. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.