Good afternoon, everyone! We hope you are enjoying this beautiful East Texas Tuesday.
Here are some stories you might enjoy checking out this afternoon:
1. Death list 2014: it's time to wave some more goodbyes--some fond, some not so much--to the clutch of vehicles that won't be hitting the road next year. You won't be surprised by some of them...click here to see which cars made the list.
2. The two baby eagles on our live eagle cam have grown since we checked in last week! Check them out at this link. At the time of this writing, one of the adult eagles is with them!
3. A young reporter was doing a story about skin cancer on lifeguards at the beach. The dermatologist in her story spotted an odd mole on the reporter herself! Read what happened to her here.
4. A Lufkin man who went to bed with a lit cigar suffered serious burns after his makeshift home burned Monday night. Fire Marshal Steve McCool said the man was living in a 10-foot by 14-foot metal shed-like structure behind his cousin's house.
5. Everyone has been discussing Angelina Jolie's double mastectomy which she openly discussed for the first time today. We will talk with Dr. Ed Dominguez today about this radical procedure to avoid breast cancer in women during East Texas News at 5. Make sure to join us for that.
6. The National Transportation Safety Board made recommendations today that could lower the blood alcohol content allowed before being considered "driving drunk." KLTV's Mitch Goulding shows you at 6 that it may be some time before we ever see the effects here in Texas.
7. We want to help you brag on your graduating seniors (even if that is YOU) a little bit. Submit your graduation photos to email@example.com and your picture can be included in our 2013 graduation photo slideshow on KLTV.com. Thanks!
Here's the link to our livestream so you can check out the news on KLTV.com at 4, 5 and 6.
We'll see you soon!
KLTV Web Producer