Good afternoon, everyone! I hope you've had a chance to be outside to enjoy the weather today!
Here are some stories you might like to check out this afternoon:
1. "It hurts sometimes, but I'm over it now and it's time to rejoice. You know, you've got to get over it and move on." Those are the words of murdered teenager Alicia Moore's uncle three months after her death. Today we found out that he, in fact, has been charged with her murder.
2. Three Cleveland women who were kidnapped in separate incidents almost a decade ago escaped their captors Monday. The discovery of a live victim is rare in missing children cases. Read what formerly kidnapped kids had to say after they escaped.
3. You can clearly see the baby eaglets in their nest on our eagle cam today. (at the time of this writing, at least.) They're getting bigger!
4. Maybe you've heard about Martha Stewart looking for love (or at least a date) on Match.com? Well, check out what she says about it here. You can also click a link there to go to her profile on the website. Click it. You know you want to.
5. If you are interested in learning to garden, there are free classes being offered at the library in Tyler. Click here to "learn how your garden grows!"
6.A puppy survived for nearly a month locked inside an impounded vehicle at a tow lot by foraging on leftovers in fast-food bags and, apparently, cigars.Read how it happened here.
7. At a high school in Washington, May Madness - an online tournament where boys pit their female classmates against each other and vote on who is hotter - is angering parents and some students, but school officials say they can't make it go away. See video and story here.
Here's the link to our livestream on KLTV.com so you can watch our news on your computer at 4, 5, and 6. We also stream on our KLTV mobile app! You don't have to miss a thing!
We'll see yo soon!