TYLER, TX (KLTV) - Two more people have been arrested as part of a massive East Texas identity theft ring, bringing the arrest count to sixteen.
Investigators said 45 victims of identity fraud have come forward, prompting a four month investigation involving 21 suspects.
According to an arrest affidavit, more than 24,000 dollars was stolen from these victims dating back to 2012.
Tyler police, FBI, and other local police agencies teamed up to make the 13 arrests.
Brandon Sessions, 33, turned himself in to Tyler Police on Wednesday. Officer Don Martin believes Sessions may be a leader in the identity theft ring. Officer Martin said many of the other suspects are friends and family.
"They had obtained information on citizens, names, date of birth, social security numbers and so on. Enough so that when they went online to these loan companies then they took out a loan in someone else's name. Then, they went to a bank and opened an account in their true name and had that money wired to their account," Officer Martin said.
So far, 45 victims have told police they received phone calls saying they had defaulted on loans. Police said there could be more victims.
Since the accounts were made in the suspects' true names, police were able to identify those involved, but are still working on locating the rest.
Police have released the names of the suspects in hopes someone will have a tip. Officer Martin said the department received a Crime Stoppers tip they received today on Jessica Osborn.
"Well, the investigator said when they had received the Crime Stoppers tip on Miss Osborn, they went to the apartment that she was supposedly in, they did find her hiding under the covers and she had actually had her laptop up on the story involving this incident today," Officer Martin said.
Officers and Investigators located another suspect this morning 05/01/2013 around 9:45 a.m., in the 700 block of S. Peach hiding inside the residence. The suspect was identified as Michael Hunter. Hunter was transported to Smith County Jail and booked in on the outstanding felony warrant.
Tyler police said they are still investigating how these men and women were able to obtain the victims' personal information. Arrest warrants were issued on all suspects for engaging in organized criminal activity, a first degree felony. The bond is set at 750 thousand dollars for each suspect.
A list of suspects provided below, includes those who have been arrested and those who police cannot locate that have an outstanding warrant for their arrest.
1. Brandon Sessions, B/M, 08/07/1979, of Rusk. Arrested
2. Demarcus Osborn, B/M, 11/12/1989, of Tyler. Unable to Locate
3. Jessica Osborn, B/F, 06/29/1988, of Tyler. Arrested
4. Kachada Webb, B/F, 09/25/1989, of Tyler. Unable to Locate
5. Michael Hunter, B/M, 01/07/1989, of Tyler. Arrested
6. Lashundra Harris, B/F, 12/29/1991, of Tyler. Unable to Locate
7. Tevin King, B/M, 01/07/1994, of San Antonio. Unable to Locate
8. Roderick TaylorII, B/M, 05/06/1988, of Tyler. Unable to Locate
9. Derrick Griffith, B/M, 12/13/1993, of Tyler. Arrested
10. Christopher Pipkins, B/M, 12/10/1988, of Tyler. Arrested
11. Britani Anderson, B/F, 09/08/1985, of Jacksonville. Arrested
12. Michael Earl, B/M, 09/30/1989, of Tyler. Arrested
13. James Miller Jr., B/M, 10/25/1983, of Tyler. Arrested
14. Kedarius Oliver, B/M, 10/4/1993, of Tyler Arrested
15. Shavonda Jones, B/M, 12/30/1984, of Tyler Arrested
16. Russell Lowrie, B/M, 06/03/1991, of Tyler. Arrested
17. Demarciar Nelson, B/M, 02/09/1989, of Tyler. Arrested
18. Chartyll McCullough, B/F, 02/17/1990, of Tyler. Arrested
19. Kendallyn Adams, B/M, 09/05/1974, of Jacksonville. Arrested
20. Kimberly Stewart, B/F, 07/13/1985, of Tyler. Arrested
21. Desidre Harris, B/F, 05/20/1995, of Tyler. Arrested
Anyone with information about the suspects involved in this crime is urged to contact the Tyler Police Department, at 903-531-1000, or Crimestoppers at 903-597-CUFF (903-597-2833). Crimestoppers will pay up to $1,000 for information that leads to the arrest and charges filed against the suspects in this case or any felony case.