Good afternoon, everyone! Hope your week is off to a great start!
Here are some stories we hope you'll find of interest today. Make sure to join us at 4, 5 and 6 for much more, as well.
1. "Just about everything we own, with the exception of a couch we have in storage, is gone. It's all gone," said Crystal Choate, whose husband, Johnny Marquez, co-owns Yum Yums Texas Style with another man, Robert Lane, as she stood watching all they had worked for burn in a fire over the weekend.
2. Swallowing a spoonful of ground cinnamon in 60 seconds without drinking water - sound familiar? Or just silly? It's called the Cinnamon Challenge, which has become an internet sensation among teens and even some adults. But doctors say the Cinnamon Challenge poses very dangerous and potentially deadly effects.
3. Early voting began across the state today. Remember, if you're a registered voter, all you need to do is bring your voter ID card or a government ID like your drivers license to be able to vote. Check with your local county elections office for polling locations, and join our Lauren Callahan at 5 for a look into what folks across the region are voting on this time.
4. Today, the Texas Attorney General's office announced the arrest of 36 suspected online sex predators and child pornographers in the past year. Check our some of their mugshots here: http://bit.ly/Zgpo1T.
5. Farmers markets will be opening across East Texas during the month of May. We're all excited about getting some good produce, but they offer much more than just tomatoes and onions. Check out this story about a local farm and what they have to offer you!
6. NBA veteran Jason Collins revealed he is gay, making him the first openly gay active athlete in any of the four major U.S. sports. Read what he had to say here.
7. EAGLE CAM is back! Click here to check out a mama eagle and her babies as they work to survive and thrive in a California forest. It's exciting to see her feed the little ones!
Join us live on KLTV.com for your best East Texas news and weather forecast at 4, 5 and 6. We have the livestream set up and ready to go, so you don't have to miss a thing.
We'll see you soon,