Happy Friday, everyone! Here are a few stories to keep your tired brain awake this afternoon
1. College student Dean Saxton has angered many on his campus this week with controversial signs. Saxton was seen on campus holding controversial signs like "you deserve rape." Read what he had to say for himself here.
2.A new twist in the Alto shooting: Officer Brandon Smith shot James Eric Griffin to death following the robbery on US 69 in Alto on Jan. 23. Now, newly obtained surveillance video shows an Alto man pull a machete out of his pants while stealing cigarettes, moments before he was shot to death by the police officer.
3. Country singer George Jones, who awed listeners with his ability to immerse himself in his songs and compelled them to do the same, has died. He was 81 years old.
4. Those enormous delays at the airport will be coming to an end. Congress send President Obama a bill today that would allow the FAA to shift funds so it can avoid furloughing thousands of air traffic controllers. But it does not solve the bigger problem of the across the board budget cuts to programs many Americans rely on. We'll tell you more at 5.
5. The U. S. Attorney tells us a former Tyler photographer, 53-year-old Todd Fleming, is now under arrest on child exploitation charges.Our Shaley Sanders has been working to find out more details today, and she'll bring you the story from those who knew him today at 6.
6. In an area called by some a "food desert," a group from the community is working with the Tyler Public Library to open a brand new farmers market on the library's grounds. It will feature delicious locally-grown foods, but lots of other things, too. Read more here.
7. We have just learned that a piece of one of the planes that went down in New York on 9/11 has been found between two buildings in the city. The area has been taped off and investigators may begin searching for other parts of the plane and human remains. We'll have more information on KLTV.com as more is released. Stay with us to find out more.
We'll see you soon,