Good afternoon, everyone! We hope you're having a great day and that you will check out these stories that are making news today:
1. The state of Texas has set an execution date (this Thursday) for a Rusk man who was convicted of kidnapping and murder. One of his victims spoke to us today, saying, "What this does on Thursday for our family is it can open up that new chapter and not have to think about this and go over this over and over again." Read more here
2. The official Associated Press Twitter feed was hacked today, and the hackers tweeted that there had been an attack on the White House and that the President was injured. The AP issued this statement later in the day.
3. An alleged gang member and two others are accused of breaking into the apartment of a mother and her three children, ransacking their home, stealing electronic items and displaying a handgun. More details and mugshot of one of the alleged here.
4. Have you noticed that food prices are going up? Our Bethany Moore visited with a family this afternoon who have found a solution to lower their food bill: gardening. They're part of a community garden, and you'll learn more about it today at 5.
5. A health scare left Mr. Rodeo, a Lufkin rodeo legend, wondering if he would live to see another ride. He talked with us today to tell us about his fight for life and an honor he recently received.
6. A Texas DA has been sentenced to 45 days in jail after pleading guilty to driving while intoxicated, and her arrest is caught on tape. She is heard on tape saying, "You have just ruined my career!" to the officer. We'll show you the video at 6.
7. Check out images of folks who are growing food for you right here in East Texas: ETX farmers: soon to appear in a farmers market near you!
Join us on KLTV7 at 4, 5 and 6, or on the livestream on KLTV.com for all the latest local news and weather!
We'll see you soon,