Good afternoon, everyone! Here are some of the stories you'll want to check out on KLTV7 and KLTV.com this afternoon:
1. Today is Earth Day, and we are all reminded to protect our natural resources by conserving power. One East Texas school's energy manager told us today how saving electricity conserves natural resources. The school is saving money as a result; we'll fill you in and give you some tips at 5pm today.
2. A teenager catches a 759 pound marlin while fishing during a Make-a-Wish outing. It's so amazing that we had to share the video and story with you. Check it out here.
3. Some runners from the Boston Marathon are selling their medals and donating the proceeds to charity to help victims of last week's bombing. Those selling their medals aren't the only ones donating, either. See all the details here.
4. Sadly, everyone's favorite rhino in East Texas has passed away. Here's what Caldwell Zoo officials had to say about the loss of Cornelius, the black rhino.
5. The Smith County fire marshal's office is calling a fire that occurred this weekend suspicious. Jamey Boyum will bring you the latest; he spoke with building owner Leroy Belcher this afternoon.
6. The President and First Lady will attend a memorial later this week in West, Texas. Also, our Melanie Torre will show you that there is some semblance of normalcy in that devastated town today. Stay tuned for the latest.
7. A Harrison Co. man has been sentenced for dealing meth ...involved in a so-called cocaine and meth conspiracy. Find out his identity and how long he'll serve in this story.
We hope you will join us for this and much more local news and weather at 4, 5 and 6 on KLTV7 and on our livestream on KLTV.com.
We'll see you soon!