Lane and Dia face off in Round 3 of the Good Morning East Texas Cooking Up A Storm Challenge! This time, they take on gameday goodies ahead of the 2013 NCAA Final Four.
Dia's Cooking Up A Storm Challenge-winning Mini Philly Cheesesteaks
3 T. olive oil
1 large onion
1 large green bell pepper
1 large red bell pepper
1.5 pounds of thinly-sliced beef (I used frozen cheesesteak meat)
1 T. garlic powder
2 t. salt
2 t. pepper
8 thin deli slices of provolone cheese
8 thin deli slices of white American cheese
8 mini Italian bread rolls
Smoky Garlic Mayo
1 cup mayo
1 T. minced garlic
1 t. cumin
1 t. paprika
salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat oil in a large saute pan, add thinly-sliced onion and peppers and cook on medium heat until tender and translucent. Set vegetables aside.
2. In the same pan, season beef with garlic powder, salt and pepper then cook on medium-high heat until done.
3. Add peppers and cheese to the pan and saute until the cheese is melted and the mixture is combined.
4. Spoon equal parts of the beef and cheese mixture into warm, sliced rolls with a smoky garlic mayo.
Lane's Cool & Creamy Spinach Dip
1 10-ounce package of frozen, chopped spinach (cooked, cooled & squeezed dry)
1 16-ounce container of sour cream
1 cup mayonnaise
1 packet vegetable dip mix (Knorr or Lipton)
1 8-ounce can of water chestnuts (drained & chopped)
3 green onions, chopped
1. Combine all ingredients except for Cajun seasoning. Mix well.
2. Sprinkle Cajun seasoning to taste over the dish. Chill for 2 hours.
3. Serve with seasoned crackers.