Phoenix firefighter shocked while fighting fire - KLTV.com - Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville |ETX News

UPDATE

Phoenix firefighter shocked while fighting fire

A Phoenix firefighter was hospitalized after he came in contact with a live electrical wire while fighting a mobile home fire early Tuesday morning. (Source: CBS 5 News) A Phoenix firefighter was hospitalized after he came in contact with a live electrical wire while fighting a mobile home fire early Tuesday morning. (Source: CBS 5 News)
PHOENIX (CBS5) -

A Phoenix firefighter was hospitalized after he came in contact with a live electrical wire while fighting a mobile home fire early Tuesday morning.

The firefighter was in stable condition at a Phoenix hospital, according to a Phoenix Fire Department spokesman.

A family of five was able to escape the flames near 31st Avenue and Van Buren Street, but they lost virtually everything in the fire, according to the spokesman.

The Red Cross was assisting the family.

No cause had been determined and no other injuries were reported..

Stay with cbs5az.com and CBS 5 News as this story develops.

Copyright 2013 CBS 5 (KPHO Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.

Firefighter hurt fighting mobile home fire
View Larger Map
  • NewsMore>>

  • breaking

    Crews on scene of fire at Marshall bowling alley

    Crews on scene of fire at Marshall bowling alley

    Monday, February 19 2018 8:53 AM EST2018-02-19 13:53:46 GMT

    The Marshall Fire Department is working to extinguish a blaze at a business Monday morning.

    More >>

    The Marshall Fire Department is working to extinguish a blaze at a business Monday morning.

    More >>
  • American Heart Month, how you can avoid heart disease

    American Heart Month, how you can avoid heart disease

    Monday, February 19 2018 8:44 AM EST2018-02-19 13:44:29 GMT

    For the last couple of months, Bob Turner has been in recovery mode, after a triple bypass open heart surgery in November 2017.

    More >>

    For the last couple of months, Bob Turner has been in recovery mode, after a triple bypass open heart surgery in November 2017.

    More >>
  • Sheriff: Rusk Co. explosion caused by tannerite detonation

    Sheriff: Rusk Co. explosion caused by tannerite detonation

    Monday, February 19 2018 1:43 AM EST2018-02-19 06:43:57 GMT

    A loud boom heard in the Lakeport area Sunday evening was caused by an explosive, according to law enforcement.

    More >>

    A loud boom heard in the Lakeport area Sunday evening was caused by an explosive, according to law enforcement.

    More >>
Powered by Frankly