(KLTV) - 5 Tyler restaurants received serious violations in the latest inspection period.
Ryan's Family Steakhouse, 5602 South Broadway.
- Crab salad & cottage cheese were held too warm on the salad bar.
- Foods not being reheated to proper temperatures.
- Roach infestations were observed in several areas, including a salad bar prep area.
- Stored pans had food residue & salad bar containers were not cleaned.
- 31 demerits.
China King, 4542 South Broadway.
- Imitation crab sticks, pork , beef and boiled eggs were all held too warm, and were discarded.
- Fried fish & breaded chicken with onions were held too cold & had to be discarded.
- Clean utensils stored under greasy utensils & sheet pans.
- Mold found in coolers along with dirty cutting boards.
- Clean knives at sushi bar stored in stagnant water.
- 28 demerits. Permit suspended due to unsanitary conditions. Permit has since been reinstated.
Poncho Panda, 3841 Highway 64 West.
- Mold found in ice machine.
- Roaches found in several areas, live roaches were found in bags of appetizer chips. Foods were not properly stored and labeled.
- Food contact surfaces needed cleaning.
- 24 demerits. Permit suspended due to a roach problem. Permit has since been reinstated.
Yamato Restaurant, 2210 West Southwest Loop 323.
- Cold foods were held too warm.
- A cook was observed picking food off the floor and continuing to prep.
- Dead roaches were found in a kitchen area.
- Toxic items were stored near foods.
- 23 demerits.
Little Italy, 3320 South Broadway.
- Improper hand washing among employees.
- Lettuce was being prepped next to a dirty dish sink.
- Utensils hand greasy film.
- Contaminants found in ice machine.
- 18 demerits.