Fire breaks out at Sky Harbor restaurant - KLTV.com-Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville, Texas | ETX News

Fire breaks out at Sky Harbor restaurant

Posted: Updated:
CBS 5 CBS 5
PHOENIX (AP) -

A fire broke out Sunday morning in the kitchen of a restaurant at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport.

An employee of Chelsea's Kitchen in terminal four of the airport acted quickly in using a fire extinguisher to knock down the fire in the restaurant's ventilation hood, according to Phoenix fire Capt. Tony Mure.

An estimated 30 people at Chelsea's Kitchen and a neighboring restaurant were evacuated, though there was no damage to the eatery next door to Chelsea's.

The airport terminal wasn't evacuated.

The fire was likely caused by grease that had accumulated in the ventilation hood, Mure said.

Chelsea's Kitchen had minimal damage from the fire.

Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow

105 West Ferguson Street
Tyler, TX 75702

FCC Public File
publicfile@kltv.com
903-597-5588
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KLTV. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.