ETX man injured after home catches fire - KLTV.com-Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville, Texas | ETX News

ETX man injured after home catches fire

Posted: Updated:
LONGVIEW, TX (KLTV) -

One man was hospitalized Sunday after he suffered minor burns following a house fire.

Sunday morning a home located in the 11-hundred block of Level street caught fire. Officials responded to the scene but were unable to save the home. It is a total loss.

Three people were inside the home at the time of the fire. Two were able to escape unharmed, but one man did suffer minor burns to his hands and his feet. He was transported to a local hospital to be treated.

Officials say the cause of the fire is the result of two space heaters being plugged into the same extension cord, which later overloaded.

"We believe the fire started in the back bedroom, and the cause is two heaters plugged into an extension cord, they had some problems with their electrical system, breakers kept popping. the house was being heated by multiple electric space heaters we believe there was an overdraw of power," says Longview fire marshal Johnny Zackary.

The family is being assisted by the red cross.

Copyright 2013 KLTV. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow

105 West Ferguson Street
Tyler, TX 75702

FCC Public File
publicfile@kltv.com
903-597-5588
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KLTV. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.