The Trinity Fire Department managed to contain a gas leak before it go out-of-hand, but a water treatment worker is injured in the Sunday morning incident.
Trinity County Sheriff Woody Wallace said the worker had gone in a room in a Camp Olympia water treatment plant and did not close a chlorine gas valve. He managed to call 911 and is on the way to the hospital. Wallace did not know the extent of his injuries.
Firefighters were able to turn off the gas and keep it contained to that one room.
Saturday, May 18 2013 12:14 AM EDT2013-05-18 04:14:44 GMT
There was some controversy at an East Texas school district special board meeting on Friday night, after the school decided to cut several faculty and staff positions.Several employees of Winona ISD wereMore >>
Winona ISD officials say that at the beginning of the decision-process, as many as 15-20 positions were being considered for removal.More >>
South Korea says North Korea has fired three short-range guided missiles into its eastern waters. Pyongyang routinely test-launches such missiles.More >>
North Korea fired three short-range guided missiles into its eastern waters on Saturday, a South Korean official said. It routinely tests such missiles, but the latest launches came during a period of tentative diplomacy...More >>