The owner of a Hudson day care shut down after a baby fell off a changing table went through the jail booking process on Tuesday.
Jessica Jane Bridwell, 25, of Lufkin, is charged with endangering a child.
The arrest comes following a grand jury indictment at the end of last month. Brittni Dowthitt, 27, of Lufkin, is indicted on charges of endangering a child and injury to a child.
Dowthitt is the worker who was tending to Raegan Brasher when she fell off the table.
Bridwell posted a $5,000 bail Tuesday.
The state shut down Wild About Kids Day Care in November after an investigation into Raegan's injuries she suffered on Sept. 6.
Taylor Sullivan said her nine-month-old baby, Raegan, fell off the table on Sept. 6. She did not learn of the fall until the next day, when one of the workers mentioned the fall to her. The report states the day care director did not contact the parents the next day when she saw a "mushy" bump on the baby's head.
Below are details on the allegations filed on the state website:
1. "The changing table in the infant room was torn causing it to no longer be non-absorbent. This must be corrected immediately."
2. "Two caregivers responsible for supervising a group of children did not have a background check ran. Please have the background checks submitted by the date listed above."
3. "This standard was evaluated based on a report received and was found to be deficient. The diaper changing table has a safety strap on it, but was not used by the caregiver.
Picture was taken.
The caregiver stated she kept her hand out near the changing table; however, her hand was not placed on the infant to prevent the infant from falling."
4. "A caregiver counted in child/caregiver ratio and providing care for children younger than 24 months of age did not receive the required one hour of pre-service training in:
- Recognizing and preventing shaken baby syndrome
- Preventing Sudden Infant Death Syndrome
This must be corrected immediately."
5. "Based on preponderance there is enough information to find for neglect.
A caregiver left a 9 month old infant unsupervised on the changing table. The infant fell approximately 3.2 feet to the concrete floor and sustained a fractured skull and subdural hematoma.
Management was aware of the infant falling to the floor and the injury on the infant's head the next day. Management chose to not notify parents or seek medical care on both days."
6. "A caregiver did not demonstrate good judgment when she left an active 9 month old infant unsupervised on the changing table, allowing the infant to fall to the floor.
The director did not demonstrate good judgment when she chose to not contact the parent when the incident occurred and again chose to not contact the parents the next day when a "mushy" bump was observed on the infant's head."
Saturday, May 25 2013 3:05 PM EDT2013-05-25 19:05:48 GMT
Anthony Dewayne Bagley. (Source: Gregg County Jail)
An East Texas man is arrested and charged with choking his pregnant girlfriend. Longview Police responded Thursday to a reported assault in the 700-block of South Green Street where they arrested 26-year-oldMore >>
An East Texas man is arrested and charged with choking his pregnant girlfriend.More >>
The Trinity County Sheriff's Office is currently investigating vandalism's at Cedar Grove Cemetery in Trinity. Sheriff Woody Wallace says the damage happened Friday night after 6pm and continued untilMore >>
The Trinity County Sheriff's Office is currently investigating vandalism's at Cedar Grove Cemetery in Trinity.More >>
Sunday, May 26 2013 12:46 AM EDT2013-05-26 04:46:42 GMT
SOFTBALL REGIONAL FINALS 3A Mineola vs. Van (UT Tyler Ballpark) Game 1: 7 p.m. Friday (May 24) Game 2: 4 p.m. Saturday (May 25) Game 3: follows Game 2 if necessary Lufkin Hudson vs. West ColumbiaMore >>
Softball one win from state, baseball two wins away...More >>
Friday, May 24 2013 10:21 PM EDT2013-05-25 02:21:23 GMT
From the Tyler Police Department:At approximately 5:20Pm on May 24, 2013, Tyler Police were notified of the motorcycle accident at Grande and Sutherland. The driver of a black Ford F-150 was heading east onMore >>
Rider was not wearing a helmet when she collided with a truck.More >>