Longview fire crews were busy over the weekend, responding to four different house fires.
On Friday, emergency crews responded to 1212 12th Street for a possible arson. No one was home at the time.
On Saturday, another fire broke out at 210 Goodnight Trail. Officials think the fire may have been caused by a fireplace. Three people were at home at the time.
Later on Saturday, another fire broke out at 505 Louisiana Street. Four people were home at the time. Firefighters say it was caused by a space heater.
Then, around 7:20 a.m. on Monday, a central heater sparked a blaze at 2317 Thirteenth Street. Three children and two adults were home at the time. The fire spread into the attic and caused about $12,000 in damage to the home before firefighters could extinguish the flames.
"Two or possibly three of these fires are heat-related. Of course even a two or three year-old piece of equipment could need maintenance, especially air filters. You have to have air filters clean. You have to have three feet of space around space heaters. Make sure pets can't tip it over," advised Longview Fire Department's Johnny Zachary.
Wednesday, June 19 2013 5:14 PM EDT2013-06-19 21:14:11 GMT
National Beef Packing Co., a Liberal, Kan., establishment, is recalling approximately 22,737 pounds of raw ground beef products that may be contaminated with E. coli O157:H7. The problem was discoveredMore >>
National Beef Packing Company - a Liberal, KS, establishment - is recalling approximately 22,737 pounds of raw ground beef products that may be contaminated with E. coli O157:H7.More >>
Wednesday, June 19 2013 10:54 PM EDT2013-06-20 02:54:27 GMT
Warner Bros., creator of the new Superman movie "Man of Steel", invited pastors to early screenings of the film and even handed out a sermon for them to use titled "Jesus:The Original Superhero." TimMore >>
Warner Bros., the creator of the new Superman movie, invited pastors to early screenings of the film and handed out a sermon for them to use. More >>
Bob and Barbara Schmidt dashed to their home on a dirt road in a heavily wooded area northeast of Colorado Springs as smoke from what would become the most destructive wildfire in Colorado history filled the air.More >>
A new wildfire in the foothills southwest of Denver forced the evacuation of dozens of homes Wednesday as hot and windy conditions in the West made it easy for fires to start and spread.More >>