Longview fire crews were busy over the weekend, responding to four different house fires.
On Friday, emergency crews responded to 1212 12th Street for a possible arson. No one was home at the time.
On Saturday, another fire broke out at 210 Goodnight Trail. Officials think the fire may have been caused by a fireplace. Three people were at home at the time.
Later on Saturday, another fire broke out at 505 Louisiana Street. Four people were home at the time. Firefighters say it was caused by a space heater.
Then, around 7:20 a.m. on Monday, a central heater sparked a blaze at 2317 Thirteenth Street. Three children and two adults were home at the time. The fire spread into the attic and caused about $12,000 in damage to the home before firefighters could extinguish the flames.
"Two or possibly three of these fires are heat-related. Of course even a two or three year-old piece of equipment could need maintenance, especially air filters. You have to have air filters clean. You have to have three feet of space around space heaters. Make sure pets can't tip it over," advised Longview Fire Department's Johnny Zachary.
Tuesday, August 26 2014 5:57 AM EDT2014-08-26 09:57:06 GMT
(WMC) - If you see a person driving erratically, what do you do? Do you do anything? Do you follow them? Or call 911? Tonight at 10, Janice Broach will show you video of a driver slamming into thingsMore >>
If you see a person driving erratically, what do you do?More >>