• 4 cups assorted fresh vegetables, such as sugar snap peas, broccoli florets, bell pepper strips and shredded carrots
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 1/2 cup prepared stir-fry sauce, preferably sesame-ginger flavor
• 1/8-1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
• 3 cups hot cooked rice
• 2 Tbsp. unsalted dry-roasted peanuts (optional)
Prepare rice according to package directions; keep warm.
Cut beef steak lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1/8 to 1/4-inch thick uniform strips.
Combine vegetables and 3 Tbsp. water in large nonstick skillet. Cover and cook over medium-high heat 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove and drain.
Heat same pan over medium-high heat until hot. Add half of beef and half of garlic; stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. Remove. Repeat with remaining beef and garlic.
Return all beef and vegetables to pan. Add stir-fry sauce and red pepper; heat through. Spoon over rice. Sprinkle with peanuts, if desired.
Step 1: Cut into thin, uniform beef strips or pieces so they cook in the same amount of time.
Step 2: Heat small amount of oil in wok or large heavy nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
Step 3: Stir-fry beef in half-pound batches (do not overcrowd), continuously turning with a scooping motion, until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. Add additional oil for each batch, if necessary.
Cook beef and vegetables separately, then combine and heat through. The cooking liquid may be thickened with cornstarch dissolved in water, if desired.
Recipe Talking Points:
• Use a wok or skillet to quickly cook thin strips of beef in little bit of oil.
• Substitute Top Round, Bottom Round, Strip Steak for Sirloin.
• Have the butcher cut the beef into strips for you; or
• Slightly freeze the steaks, approximately 10 minutes to easily slice into uniform pieces.
• Marinate beef to add flavor or tenderize, if desired, while preparing other ingredients.
• Frozen stir-fry vegetables is an alternative for fresh vegetables. You can find different varieties of vegetables in the freezer section to create variety with this meal.
• Choose frozen over canned vegetables when possible, as frozen veggies often have more nutrients.
• Cook beef and vegetables separately, then combine and heat through.
• Teriyaki is a great substitution for sesame-ginger stir-fry sauce.
• The cooking liquid may be thickened with cornstarch dissolved in water, if desired.
• This recipe would be great with Udon, glass or vermicelli noodles as a substitution for rice.
• Cashews will give a great flavor as well giving a creamy nut flavor.
• Although not as fresh when removed from its natural state, minced garlic in a jar is a convenient alternative.
BRADENTON BEACH, FL (WFLX) - People are outraged after a Florida couple was caught having sex on a public beach Sunday afternoon in front of dozens of people including children. Bradenton Beach policeMore >>
People are outraged after a Florida couple was caught having sex on a public beach Sunday afternoon in front of dozens of people including children.More >>