Early this morning firefighters were called to put out a duplex fire.
Around 4:47 a.m. Longview firefighters were called to a duplex fire on 316 Gene Drive.
According to Longview Fire Marshal Johnny Zackary, the house was a total loss. While putting out the fire, two firefighters were injured after their masks became dislodged and they had to crawl out. They were treated and released from a Longview hospital.
There was a family of five in one side of the duplex and two residence in the other side. Both families were displaced by the fire, but no one was reported injured.
The fire originated at a futon in the back of the duplex. It is unknown how the futon caught on fire.
Saturday, July 26 2014 2:09 PM EDT2014-07-26 18:09:07 GMT
A mysterious 'Woman in Black' has been spotted around the Tri-State in recent days, causing social media to erupt with questions about her identity. According to WATE in Tennessee, the Sullivan CountyMore >>
A mysterious 'Woman in Black' has been spotted around the Tri-State in recent days, causing social media to erupt with questions about her identity.More >>