Early this morning firefighters were called to put out a duplex fire.
Around 4:47 a.m. Longview firefighters were called to a duplex fire on 316 Gene Drive.
According to Longview Fire Marshal Johnny Zackary, the house was a total loss. While putting out the fire, two firefighters were injured after their masks became dislodged and they had to crawl out. They were treated and released from a Longview hospital.
There was a family of five in one side of the duplex and two residence in the other side. Both families were displaced by the fire, but no one was reported injured.
The fire originated at a futon in the back of the duplex. It is unknown how the futon caught on fire.
Wednesday, June 19 2013 5:14 PM EDT2013-06-19 21:14:11 GMT
National Beef Packing Co., a Liberal, Kan., establishment, is recalling approximately 22,737 pounds of raw ground beef products that may be contaminated with E. coli O157:H7. The problem was discoveredMore >>
National Beef Packing Company - a Liberal, KS, establishment - is recalling approximately 22,737 pounds of raw ground beef products that may be contaminated with E. coli O157:H7.More >>
Wednesday, June 19 2013 10:54 PM EDT2013-06-20 02:54:27 GMT
Warner Bros., creator of the new Superman movie "Man of Steel", invited pastors to early screenings of the film and even handed out a sermon for them to use titled "Jesus:The Original Superhero." TimMore >>
Warner Bros., the creator of the new Superman movie, invited pastors to early screenings of the film and handed out a sermon for them to use. More >>
Bob and Barbara Schmidt dashed to their home on a dirt road in a heavily wooded area northeast of Colorado Springs as smoke from what would become the most destructive wildfire in Colorado history filled the air.More >>
A new wildfire in the foothills southwest of Denver forced the evacuation of dozens of homes Wednesday as hot and windy conditions in the West made it easy for fires to start and spread.More >>